Zika Virus Disease Information for Travelers
▶ What is Zika Virus Disease?
- Zika virus is a disease caused by the Zika virus,
which is spread to people through the bite of
an Aedes species mosquito infected with Zika virus.
- Zika virus is also transmitted to people through
sexual contact or blood transfusion.
▶ What are the most common symptoms of Zika Virus?
- The illness is usually mild with symptoms
-fever, rash, joint pain and red eyes-
lasting for several days to a week.
- Zika virus infection during pregnancy can
cause a serious brain defect called
▶ Where are the areas mosquito-borne transmission of Zika virus
- Latin America and the Caribbean Search ☞ http://travelinfo.cdc.go.kr
▶ What should I do in Korea after visiting places where
Zika virus transmission is reported?
- If you have symptoms of Zika virus disease within 2 weeks,
let the doctor know your travel history of any kind.
- Wear condoms to prevent sexual transmission of Zika virus.
- Do not perform as a donor of blood transfusion within a month.
※ If you have any questions about Zika virus
\ ☞ Call 1339 (Translation avaliable)
▶ How do I prevent Zika virus infection?
- Avoid mosquito bite (Mosquito is active during the day)
Use Mosquito Net Wear long sleeves and Use Pesticide